|Modern Calligraphy by Molly Suber Thorpe|
Photo from Amazon.com
Browsing through the pages of catalogs and daydreaming over fonts filled with glorious glyphs (or letter alternates), I often thought to myself, could a girl known for her messy chicken scratch actually produce (and procure the patience for) beautiful type?
After browsing through the latest list of Skillshare courses, I stumbled upon the work of Molly Suber Thorpe, creator of Plurabelle Calligraphy. If such as thing as "ink ninja" were to exist, I'm pretty sure Molly would be a pointed-pen yielding master. And better yet, she's wrote a book on the subject as well, Modern Calligraphy: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started in Script Calligraphy.
After a long hiatus of blogging (more to come on that!), beginning to share my wanderings in calligraphy sounds like a great place to start. (And if it bursts into flames, we can all have a collective laugh. :) ) Look for more content soon, but in the meantime, here are some great calligraphy and type related sites:
|Calligraphy pen image by Arch'educ|
- Plurabelle Calligraphy Molly Suber Thorpe's personal website and portfolio. Be sure to check out her chalk lettering and personal lettering styles
- I Still Love You Calligraphy I met Melissa during ALT Summit and was smitten with her lovely handwriting! She offers a website-based calligraphy courses for all beginner and intermediate learners.
- Molly Jacques Illustration Beautiful, fresh designs and her chalkboard lettering makes me want to open up a little café, just so I could have her craft the menu board!
- Video: Have a Fantastic Day in Modern Calligraphy
- Video: Modern Pointed Nib Script